Invisalign is a newer orthodontic solution that is both effective and more cosmetically pleasing during treatment. The main advantages of this treatment option include:
- Aligners are removable (not worn during meals or brushing for added convenience)
- Aligners are clear (allowing patients to maintain a natural-looking smile)
- Careful and calculated displacement of each tooth, resulting in less pressure on the teeth overall
- Very comfortable
How does Invisalign work?
- A customized treatment plan is developed using a virtual 3D model of your teeth
- The plan for moving your teeth is determined based on the virtual model. Your dental professional will present the images to you so that you can visualize each stage
- A series of personalized aligners is made using the virtual 3D model
- The clear and removable aligners are changed approximately every two weeks to advance your treatment
- The gutters are substituted approximately every two weeks following the dental movements.